The practice of massage as a method of healing and prevention dates back to more than 5000 years ago. It also evolved over various centuries from simple forms of massage to myofascial release techniques.
In Ayurveda, this is considered as the oldest system of medicine massage is of primary importance. Vagbhata in his Samhita(book) called as vagbhata Samhita have described various types of technique of massage. Ayurvedic Massage therapy in rishikesh emphasis on abhyanga (oil body massage) is such that its is included in dinacharya (daily routine) because of its vast benefits for health and prevention.
The course which is provided by AYM Ayurveda School has designed for people who are looking to work in the field of health wellness and holistic healing.
The main focus of this course is to teach the student to become an Ayurveda therapist. The course will include theory and practice lectures on massage and various therapies of Ayurveda which have therapeutic benefits.
Syllabus of The Ayurvedic Massage Course. How to learn Ayurvedic Massage An Overviw of 7 Days of Massage Course in Rishikesh?
1. Introduction to Ayurveda
2. Abhyagam full body massage therapy
Shiro Abhyanga – Study of technique and use of various oils for Ayurvedic head massage along with practice.
Pada abhyanga – Study of technique and use of various ayurvedic oils for foot massage along with practice.
3. The Five Elements Theory
Sarvanga Abhyanga (full body massage) – Study of technique and practice of hand movement, pressure points, anatomical understanding of the body would be the highlight.
4. Overview of Herbal Oils – The Use of Various Oils According to The Dosha
5. Mudras – The Science of Mudras
6. Tridosha Overview – General Overview of Tridosha Principle
7. Shirodhara Therapy – Study of equipment, Procedure of the Therapy
8. Agni Tatva (Fire Element in Body) – Theoretical understanding of Digestive System & How to improve it.
10. Prakruti – Understanding of Body Type
11. Swedana Therapies (Steam Treatment Therapies) – These set of therapies are for pain, inflammation, spondylitis.
Patra potli – A bolus massage prepared by leaves of certain plants having anti-inflammatory, analgesic properties.
Valuka Swedana – Sand bolus fomentation
12. Diet & lifesyle Management – Importance of diet in your lifestyle.
13. Churna Pinda Swedana – In this therapy, the potli (bolus bag) is specially made with churna (herbal powder) to treat specific condition.
14. Bhaya Swedana – Preparation External Body Steam Procedure.
15. Practical Time – Practice the techniques of ayurvedic treatment therapies that you studied throughout the course.
|Duration||Duration Per Day||Course Fee||Cost Fee (Single Accommodation)|
|7 days||3-hour||20000 INR||30000 INR|
Note:- Accommodation includes Stay with single room, Food and one hour yoga class everyday.Let's Book For The Massage Therapy Course in Rishikesh, or Contact Us!